Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Paddling in the Snow!


This is my first ever post. I will follow up with more info about me and what I do later. For today, let's just focus on what I did today.

For those that don't know me, I live in Coastal North Carolina near Camp Lejeune. That means I experience mild winters (usually). Today, however, we were the gracious recipients of a winter storm that gave us ice and about 2" of snow. Glorious, wet, sticky, fluffy snow!!! I have always loved the winter and since I live in the south, I don't get enough of it.

So, because of the storm, I got released from work early and on my way home I put my truck into a ditch. (it's been too long since I had to drive in snow). Anyhow, after I got pulled back onto the road, I made it home without further incident and decided to go canoeing for the remainder of the afternoon. Enjoy some pics from that and like I said above, I will tell more about what I do and how I entertain myself later.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hey James,
    Met your Dad on the HOG Route 66 run in 2001. He wasn't going to ride to Oatman, AZ but we talked him into it. Canoeing is a lot of fun, but paddling one you built yourself has to be a blast. I did a lot of it in my younger days & taught it at Scout Camp. Enjoyed your blog, keep it up. When you get a minute please look at my website: www.crocodilelile.com. Looking forward to seeing your canoe when finished.
    Bob " crocodile " Lile

    ReplyDelete